Did you know, a mouth guard given by a professional dentist can be more effective at protecting your teeth? Yes, it’s true! When your dentist provides you with a mouth guard, it is custom-made for your teeth and alignment, making it more secure and reliable for protecting your teeth.
Our dentist, Dr. Ravi Aulakh, is happy to provide you with a mouth guard to protect your teeth with this summer. That is why our team at AZ Dental in San Jose, California, is excited to remind you why it’s essential to wear one.
– Custom-made mouth guards are for your sole alignment, so you know you will have a perfect fit and not have to worry about it on the field or while you are having fun.
– Mouth guards can protect your teeth from basic damage and is required to use in many sports for your smile’s protection in case of fall or injury.
– Boil and bite guards and stock guards can be obtained at the market but are not individually made to fit your teeth resulting in extra bulk or movement.
– There are three common types of mouth guards you can choose from including custom-made mouth guards, boil and bite guards, and stock mouth guards.
– Make sure you care for your mouth guard and clean it after every single use and keep it dry to avoid warping or damage from the water or sun.
– If your mouth guard shows signs of wear or doesn’t fit anymore, be sure to talk to your dentist to get a new one made for you and your needs.
– Teens and children alike need to change out mouth guards often because their teeth and alignment are still changing as they grow.
If you are ready to have your very own custom-made mouth guard, then please call us today at 408-227-6000 to set up an appointment. Our friendly dental team is happy to assist you with any of your oral health questions and needs.